Feed the 5000
But Jesus said to them, “There’s no need to send them away. You give them something to eat.”
They replied, “We have nothing here except five loaves of bread and two fish.”
He said, “Bring them here to me.” He ordered the crowds to sit down on the grass. He took the five loaves of bread and the two fish, looked up to heaven, blessed them and broke the loaves apart and gave them to his disciples. Then the disciples gave them to the crowds. Everyone ate until they were full, and they filled twelve baskets with the leftovers. About five thousand men plus women and children had eaten.
Matthew 14:15-21 (Common English Bible)
Members of the Bowling Green-based Wood County Area Ministries (WAM) Network invite you to participate in this year’s Feed the 5000 Food Drive.
Our overall goal is to collect 5000 items that will stock our BG-area food pantries. Participating BG-area churches will be asked to collect a few staple food items to ensure we have a variety of food that meets the needs of our community pantries.
Here’s how it will work:
1. Sign up to participate in the collection. You can sign up by emailing email@example.com We will ask you to focus on two items, but donations of any type are welcome.
2. Collect assigned items at your church during Lent. Count and record the number of items you collect.
3. Bring all items to our collection center at the assigned time – we want to document the whole collection with a photo. This is so we can celebrate what happens when churches work together!
- BG-area food pantries will then be invited to fill their shelves from the overall collection.
- If you operate a food pantry at your location and you need to restock it from the Feed the 5000 collection before the conclusion of the drive – PLEASE DO SO! Our intent is to make sure our neighbors in need have food to eat!
Our annual collection brings in between 3000 and 4500 items and stocks 4 food pantries. Can you help us reach our goal of 5000 items collected this year?
Thanks to all who participate!